- HEALTH SERVICES
- PHOTO GALLERY
- COMMUNITY CALENDAR
- MAYOR'S MESSAGE
- VIDEO CLIP
government consists of a Mayor/Council system.
Monthly meetings are held to continue the progressive
development of the city.
- Ashley Hansen - firstname.lastname@example.org
Galen Conrad - email@example.com
Brad Dewell - firstname.lastname@example.org
Dean Hamdorf - email@example.com
Kim Jones - firstname.lastname@example.org
Keith Stewart - email@example.com
- City Clerk:
- Sarah Carlson
- City Hall
office hours: 7:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday through Friday.
meetings are held on the first Monday of each month in the meeting
room on the first floor of the City Hall.
501 Main Street
Lowden, IA 52255
business to include in the council's agenda should call the city clerk's
office at 941-7705.
CITY COUNCIL AGENDAS>>
CITY COUNCIL MINUTES>>
OF LOWDEN ORDINANCES>>
2018 TRASH AND RECYCLING CALENDAR>>
REPORT STREET LIGHT OUTAGE>>
UNDERGROUND DIGGING RESOURCES>>
2015 CONSUMER CONFIDENCE WATER QUALITY REPORT>> NEW!
THINGS TO KNOW
GARBAGE pickup is every Wednesday. Garbage is not to be set out more than 12 hrs. in advance of garbage day.
YARD WASTE is picked up every Wednesday afternoon after the regular garbage pickup. Yard waste must be in yard waste bags which can be purchased at City Hall (5 bags for $3.00) or any other store that carries them. Sticks and twigs must be bundled.
RECYCLING pickup is every other Tuesday. Items to recycle include plastic, tin cans, newspapers, cardboard. Blue recycling bin is used for recyclable items ONLY, not garbage. Recycled items MUST BE SEPARATED. Only one recycled item such as plastic, goes in the blue bin. Tin cans, newspapers, and cardboard each must be placed in separate bags or containers and can be placed on top of or next to the blue bin. Do NOT tie plastic bags. All containers must be CLEAN. CARDBOARD should be flattened and can include corrugated, cereal boxes, pizza boxes, paper towel and toilet paper rolls, etc. Glass goes in the garbage. Magazines go in the garbage. Styrofoam goes in the garbage. If recyclables are not clean or there are unacceptable items in the blue container, the whole container will not be picked up. Recycling
is mandatory in Lowden. If recyclable items listed above are found in
the regular trash, garbage may not be picked up. Call City Hall with questions
about garbage or recycling.
WATER METERS are
read every month. Total fees due monthly include water, sewer and garbage
charges. Automatic payment is also available. New residents must pay a
$100 customer deposit, which is refunded after two years. Click for Automatic Payment Form.
BUILDING PERMITS are required for all exterior remodeling, additions
or construction that changes the dimension of the building. Forms are
available at the city clerk's office. The project must be
approved by the city council before work can begin.
BURNING, including leaves, is not allowed within city limits. Leaf bags
can be purchased at the clerk's office and are picked up curbside on
Wednesdays. The city has a leaf vac that is used in the fall to pick-up
leaves raked to the curb. Contact City Hall for the schedule.
The city has a siren that sounds in short bursts when there is a fire
call. The tornado siren is one continuous siren.
- Pets. Dogs/cats (no more than 4 of one type at a residence) must remain on your
own property and are not allowed to run loose or bark incessantly disturbing the
neighborhood. No pit bull dogs, Staffordshire, or a likeness to these breeds are
allowed in Lowden. If you walk your pets, you must clean up their waste.
- Building Permits. Building permits are required and must be approved by the Lowden City Council before any building can take place on a property. This includes
sheds, house additions, garages, decks, fences, and sidewalks.
- No Burning Allowed in City Limits. A 24-inch fire ring is permissible for recreational purposes only. Fines will be issued for anyone violating the "no burn" ordinance.
- Non-Operable (Junk) Vehicles. Non-operable vehicles are not allowed to be stored
on your property. Any vehicle shall not be parked on a public street in one spot for
more than 48 hrs.
- Snow Removal on Sidewalks. Snow removal on sidewalks must take place within 48 hrs. of a snowfall or the City will clear the snow, without notice to you, and bill you accordingly.
- Lawn Mowing. Residents are to keep lawns mowed regularly and in a neat condition with grass not more than 6" in length. If not done so, notice will be given by the City to mow the grass or the City will mow the property and bill
the resident accordingly.
- Accumulation of Refuse. Accumulation of refuse is considered a nuisance in Lowden. Therefore, do not accumulate junk/refuse on porches, around your house, or on vour property.
| NEXT >>